8.11.2011

thoughts

The following phrase keeps repeating itself in my brain:  I need to find a job.  Unfortunately, one of the biggest reasons I turned to temping is exactly because I struggle with how to do this.  But I was reassured by a thought that crossed my mind today.  I was lamenting (for the millionth time) my lost position (If only I hadn’t left, if only I were still there) when it occurred to me.  When I first started at Caribou, I loved the store I was at, the manager and the company.  But after only a couple of short months, I was transferred to a new store with a new manager.  Things were already so good, they can’t possible be better, I worried.  I thought about leaving and starting over.  But I decided to sit tight, pray, and see how things shook out.  Turns out,things were largely the same in the short term, and set the course for my career with the company in the long term.  In fact, if I had never changed stores, I more than likely would never have met my mentor, been promoted or met my husband.  This realization of how pivotal this event was, and it's extrordinary outcome gives me so much faith.  I listened, and obeyed, and things turned out far better than if I had struggled against the current.

When I left my last position, crying, a voice said to me, “Haven’t I always taken care of you?”  and I had to admit it was true.

And so far, even in despicable times, my husband and I have been cared for.  So, although I am going to look in earnest, I’m going to listen in earnest.  The decision that made the biggest change in my life, I had no choice.  Why should I worry now?