8.09.2011

changes

Some changes must be made.  Although I am grateful for the income it has provided me, I've come to the conclusion that my current work situation is not to my benefit.  I'm no longer making progress; I'm backsliding.  I'm even more grateful that my temp position gives me the flexibility to change all this.  But the fact that I just don't like my job that much is pushing me onward.

But like most people, I'm scared.

See, I was fired.

I made a stupid mistake, at a job I really loved, and I'm scared of what any potential employer will do with that when they have a sea of eager, over-qualified applicants in a recession that has either put hair on the chest of men, or sent them crying to their mommas.

But I have dreams.  And I'm not getting closer to them.  In fact, I'm losing ground.

Something has got to change.

I guess maybe it's me.