12.10.2011

christmas rush

So do you ever tell someone something random because you secretly hope it will help hold you accountable?  Well I do, and this is one of those times :)

I usually am pretty planned when it comes to Christmas.  I keep lists starting in May of who I'm giving to, ideas, amounts, budget, everything.

Except for this year.  And it's totally kicking me in the butt.

My goal is always to be done by December 1st.  I think I only made that goal once, but still, it helps a lot.

Now I just spent 3 hours running around crowded MOA, racking my mind for gift ideas for my nearest and dearest.

Never again, I tell you.  Never again.

And now I have still have to find time to write my Xmas cards and wrap our presents, and my the presents my parents have bought.  They say they won't need me to, but I know how this story ends.

If I don't have a little notebook riding around in my purse by next September AT THE LATEST, I might as well sign myself up for a marathon.  Because that's what I'll be doing in December, pulling my hair out, and being crabby and frustrated that I couldn't get this together earlier.

So!  How are you? :D
R