9.04.2011

S's first official knitting project

Some women knit there men sweaters.  Some knit their men scarves.

Me?  I knit my man a bracelet.  Yes, a bracelet.

So far, I haven't quit endeared my DH to the charms of knitting.  I think he thinks it's too country or vintage for him.  But I did find a loop hole.  See, DH has a tattoo around his wrist, and it's against the dress code at his job.  Since we were at the state fair, we looked for items that could cover his tattoo and still be practical.  No dice.  Sexy leather cuffs would be too hot.  He didn't like the bracelets that you adjusted by pulling of the strings (which incidentally were my favorite when I was the friendship bracelet queen, but whatevs).  And then it occured to me:  What if I knit him a cuff?

So I did.  It's not my best piece of work.  I think I'm actually going to knit a few more so that he has a wardrobe of them.  Goodness knows I have enough yarn.  But I find it kinda cool that he's going to wear something of mine to work with him every day.  Let's him know I care.

Love ya, babe x-*