3.10.2011

housing

For a long long time, I had some serious house lust.  I wanted to buy a house soo badly.  But I think I’m pretty much over that at this point.  Despite seeing my friend’s newly purchased pad, I have no desire to buy.  And even if I could, I wouldn’t.  I am committed to paying off my debt, which will take the better part of the next two years.  Then once that happens, we’ll see.  My husband will need to clean up some of his debt, and we’ll have to amass some serious savings.  But I’m totally comfortable with that.  Although it would be nice to buy, I don’t really see us buying until we have kids.  Maybe we’ll move to a nicer apartment.  Enjoy the single in the city experience a little longer.  I’m really happy for my friend.  But that house just seems way too big for my britches.

No comments: