12.02.2016

Donations

Yesterday, I gave money to the Human Rights Campaign, Planned Parenthood, and World Bicycle Relief.  I also have plans to give money to the ACLU and Minnesota Legal Aid, as well as find a way to swing a subscription to the New York Times.

Aside from the normal reasons why someone would give, especially to these types of causes in this particular climate, I made these donations for two additional reasons.

One was to challenge my mindset about lack of money.  I often feel like I don't have enough money to do all the things I want to do.  Giving away money, even as little as $10, can be painful for me.  I am so afraid I won't have enough, even though I often don't even miss it.  So by donating this money, I hope to send a message of affluence and plenty both to my self and to my HP.

Additionally, few who know me would be surprised to know that I am rocked by this election cycle, and not in a good way.  The best way I know to combat this is to donate to causes that share my values in the hopes that those funds can help defend the progress we have fought to defend.