4.20.2012

books update

I read 63 books last year.  I had never tracked how many books I'd read before, so I think that was pretty good.  I also think it's probably unusually high since I can read so much at work.

This year I decided to set a nice safe goal of 50 books this year.  After all, I've taken up knitting, and have a life so I don't want to promise I'll spend every waking moment reading.

So far, according to Goodreads, I have read 45 books.  I am at 90% of my goal.

That's ok though, because in another month, I'm not going to be able to spend 7 hours a day reading.  So as long as I get my library request list down to under 30 before I leave my temp job, I'll be thrilled.

However, at the rate that Game of Thrones is going, I'll be sunk.  I'm really enjoying, and I like that I don't just blow through it like almost every other book I read.  It's pretty dense.  But still, I've got progress to make!