6.29.2011

books update

Reread Good Omens to great success. I knew all the parts, I just couldn’t figure out how they went together. Much better without missing the crucial 15%. Amazing.

Attempted Empress, but I’m having trouble getting into it. Couldn't make it even 10 pages.  And reviews on Amazon were mixed.   So i'm thinking about skipping it.  I may give up and reprise the Spellman’s instead.

Stay tuned.

On other notes:

The weather today: hot and sticky.  The weather tomorrow: hotter and stickier.  Why do we wish so longingly for summer when the reality is, it's a beast?

Also, I found out that I basically got screwed out of a weeks pay.  I'm bummed.  I was looking forward to getting paid for summer holidays.  Getting paid for days I don't work is my favorite.  But, it appears I'll have to wait until October.  Or get a real job.  My choice.