5.27.2011

quick book update

So I am in love.  The particular sadness of lemon cake had me in the first chapter.  The language is poetic and visual, and sucks you in with keyholes into the story.  I can't wait to find out what happens, but I never want it to end.  Looking forward to reading some of Aimee Bender's earlier work.

Also reading/skimming Drink This: Wine Made Simple.  Dara is delightful, and makes the most unusual comparisons.  For example, she'll say something like, just because xx wine got a 95 rating doens't mean you will like it.  The person who rated it is saying that of the most perfect steak s/he could imagine, this wine would be a 95 out of 100.  But you don't always want steak.  You might not even like steak.  Find out what wines you like, and you won't need me anymore.

The only down side to this book is that it really should be used as more of a work book, and right now, I don't have/want to spend the money on my wine edification.  I'm focusing on other things.  But she gives you all the steps, all the info, and is witty and irreverant to boot.  Plus, she's local.  Love!!

Three day weekend: will I spend it reading?  Or will I spend it finishing the wrap I mentioned here?  Tune in next time to find out!