1.23.2011

Ok, so I'm slowly doing better.  DH has been working a lot of evenings training at his new job, so that's left me time to think, be by myself and organize some of the thoughts racing through my brain.

I also spent some time just now looking through old posts.  Things you can learn about yourself when you write a blog, particularly when you post more often when you're annoyed:  I get frustrated and stressed-out when I overschedule myself and don't make time to be by myself in my apartment.  Time at the coffee shop or the library or the mall does not cut it.  I need time at the apartment.  And when your husband is unemployed and never leaves because we're broke, that's hard to do.  Turns out, you can learn things about yourself simply by seeing patterns in posts, not just from sefl-reflection while writing those posts.  I conside this a success.

Ok so I didn't shut absolutely everyone out this week.  Sara and I did some window shopping at The Galleria, and Laura and I met for coffee at Sebastian Joe's.  Possibly two of my most favorite people in the world.  And now, I think I'm getting to the point where I'm starting to miss the rest of my friends.  Just because I'm an introvert doesn't mean I'm not social.

So my plan for this week:
Sunday:  lazy "me" day
Monday: get shit done day
Tuesday/Wednesday: make plans with N/More 'get shit done'
Thursday: DHs only evening off (the perils of actually working)
Friday: Pedi/Lost night with I&C (I don't think I've seen them since Christmas Eve)
Saturday: wrap up cleaning for impeding company/ S&L, D&T to arrive b/w 4:30-5 for birthday celebrations.  Here's hoping I"m ready by then.

I also have been toying around with having some kind of written reflection over things I'm grateful for.  Maybe that's here, maybe that's a different blog.  Who knows.  But here's a few thoughts to start off with:

I'm grateful:
  •  my friends understand when I need space
  • my husband has a new job
  • my contract got renewed til the end of February
  • I have everything I need, even if it's not everything I want

I think I also need to add a component of what I have/am reading.  But I think those will be separate posts.

TTFN
R

No comments: