2.16.2012

an open letter

I feel compelled to fill you in on something.  You mentioned that some family members are anxious for us to start having kids.  We’re excited too, but the truth is, it’s very unlikely that I’m able to have kids.  I don’t have a medical diagnosis for a number of reasons, but I am looking into getting MN Care so I can find out more.  Because of my unlikelihood of conceiving, it makes money even more an issue.  Seeing as Sean and I continue to make less every year than we have the year before, the cost becomes less and less attainable.

This information isn’t a secret, but it’s very difficult to talk about.  Not only is it personal, but it makes me unbearably sad.  I really hope we’ll be parents some day.  We still frequently talk about baby names and day care options.  Realistically however, it will probably be many years before we’re able to overcome these issues.

I apologize for not being more forthright with you, but like I said, it’s very difficult for me to talk about.

I love you very much, and so appreciate all the support and love you have given us.